codeofaninja
website

Verify if Java was Installed in Ubuntu 11.10

Photo of Mike Dalisay
Modified Saturday, January 21, 2012
by - @ninjazhai
Ubuntu Quick Tip: After my JDK installation, I wanted to verify if it was really installed in my computer. Here's how I verified it

1. Run your terminal.

2. Type:

          $ sudo updatedb
          $ locate java
  • It asked me to enter my password after typing sudo updatedb.
  • updatedb means you are updating the database for locate or locating your app.
  • locate finds files by name.
Verify if Java was Installed in Ubuntu 11.10
Click to enlarge.

3. If it returns something like this:

Click to enlarge.
it means JDK was installed.
For FREE programming tutorials, click the red button below and subscribe! :)
Thanks for the comments!
 
 
Fundamentals
"First do it, then do it right, then do it better."
~ Addy Osmani
"Talk is cheap. Show me the code."
~ Linus Torvalds
Let's Stay Connected!
g+ r
Android app on Google Play
© 2011-2014 The Code Of A Ninja. All rights reserved. Proudly Powered by Google Blogger. Images, logos, marks or names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.