codeofaninja
website

Fixed: Android requires compiler compliance level 5.0. Please fix project properties.

Photo of Mike Dalisay
Modified Wednesday, June 1, 2011
by - @ninjazhai
When I tried to import an existing eclipse android project to my new workspace, I encountered an error:
Android requires compiler compliance level 5.0. Please fix project properties.
 So here's what I did to fix this problem:


Right Click Project > Properties > Java Build Path > Order and Export Tab > Check Your Android SDK Version on the list (I got Android 2.2)

Click to enlarge.

Then...

Right Click Project > Properties > Java Compiler > Check Enable Project Specific Settings > Select Compiler Compliance Level

In my case, I had to changed the compiler compliance level from 1.6 to 1.5


Click to enlarge.

And that solves my problem. :)
For FREE programming tutorials, click the red button below and subscribe! :)
Thanks for the comments!
 
 
Fundamentals
"First do it, then do it right, then do it better."
~ Addy Osmani
"Talk is cheap. Show me the code."
~ Linus Torvalds
Let's Stay Connected!
g+ r
Android app on Google Play
© 2011-2014 The Code Of A Ninja. All rights reserved. Proudly Powered by Google Blogger. Images, logos, marks or names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.