codeofaninja
website

How To Alter/Change InnoDB to MyISAM

Photo of Mike Dalisay
Modified Tuesday, September 14, 2010
by - @ninjazhai
"What? MySQL Fulltext Search is not working!"
Well, this is what I thought before. I used to have MyISAM tables when developing an application. I never thought about table types.

I then realized that I was using InnoDB table type where MySQL Fulltext search is not working.  So I had to alter the table from InnoDB to MyISAM.


Here's the code:

ALTER TABLE table_name ENGINE = MyISAM;

table_name
-It is the name of your table.

And that solved my problem! :)

In case that you want to get it back to InnoDB, here's the code:
ALTER TABLE table_name ENGINE = InnoDB;

If you have any inquiries/comments/questions/suggestions, just comment to this post. :)

For FREE programming tutorials, click the red button below and subscribe! :)
Thanks for the comments!
 
 
Fundamentals
"First do it, then do it right, then do it better."
~ Addy Osmani
"Talk is cheap. Show me the code."
~ Linus Torvalds
Let's Stay Connected!
g+ r
Android app on Google Play
© 2011-2014 The Code Of A Ninja. All rights reserved. Proudly Powered by Google Blogger. Images, logos, marks or names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.